Oct 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Well it has been a busy week for sure. With all the Halloween celebrating and the Dance performance with it's dress rehearsal and my part time gig babysitting on Monday and Tuesday, it sure flew by. We got off to a bad start Sunday night with Chandler throwing up all over our bed right as we had fallen asleep. Talk about a rude awakening. If that isn't motivation enough for us to get her sleeping in her own bed, I'm not sure what is. So Monday I didn't dare babysit and get my friends kids sick too so it was a pretty mellow Monday for a change. That night we had our annual Averett family Halloween party at Gramma Dixies. She always goes all out for the kids. We're all suppose to dress up but this year Addison was the only fun one. He made an awesome Mr. Incredible. We had yummy food, including maggot stew cooked inside a pumpkin, and even yummier treats. (Have you tasted Dixie's sugar cookies? Mmmm! My fave!) Then all the kids carved their pumpkins with a lot of help from the parents, and the prize for the best pumpkin was handed out. Guess what! It was like a 20 way tie and everyone got an envelope from Gramma.














Then Tuesday after babysitting, we had dress rehearsal for the dance show and didn't get home till later and even Hayden kept saying what a long day it had been. Wednesday was Hayden's preschool party and she had to dress up. I should have been that cute mom who sends homemade treats for the class but I just couldn't fit it in this year. That night was the actual Dance show and this year they did 2 separate performances to accommodate all the people who come to watch. It's hard to have a big event in a small town unless it's a football or basketball game. Of course the girls biggest fans came all the way up to see them dance like they always do. Grandpa Joe, Grandma Linda, Aunt Jamie, Ally, and Cooper. The girls are always so excited to see them all and we appreciate them running up for such a quick show.
Thursday was a total waste of a day and we didn't do anything, including getting dressed for the day. Chandler and I stayed in our pj's all day long and prayed nobody stopped by. Then came today. Halloween! Gracie had her party at school and got to dress up for the second half of the day. She chose to be a ballerina (which I'm not sure why, she's that once a week) Hayden was so excited all day. She kept asking if it was Halloween yet and I kept telling her yes it's Halloween but we can't get dressed until the house is clean and Gracie and Daddy get home. So when Greg walked through the door she says "dad's home time to change". We like to go the trunk or treat at the stake center. They get more than enough candy and you pretty much run into everyone you know. Hayden was the first to say trick-or-treat at every car and Chandler was not sure at all about it. There were some pretty scary costumes and so I packed her and did all the work. Then we left and went to Gramma Dixie's for more treats and homemade caramels.(Yummy! My fave!) Then we came home and ran around with a sugar high until Chandler tripped and landed super hard face first on the hard wood floor. I was afraid her teeth had gone through her top lip and she would need stitches from the amount of blood, which totally freaked her out, but I think it's just a small cut and a really fat lip. I think it will be pretty sore for a couple days but nothing that an otter pop can't fix.


Here is Gracie witch. She thought if she wore her hat cocked to the side she looked like a "punk witch".

Hayden was Belle. It looked kinda dorky with a long sleeved shirt and leggins underneath but I hate to buy a costume and then cover it up with a coat. What's the point of that?

Then there's our little penguin Chandler. This was Hayden's costume from when she was 2. Thank goodness she was excited to wear it. Call me tight but I hate spending money on something they'll wear once. That excludes princess costumes of course, because we have a princess costume on constantly at our house and we've now almost completed our collection of princesses dresses. So that's our busy week in a nutshell. I hope the next few are a little less hectic. I think we all could use a little break before the holiday rush hits us smack in the face. Happy Halloween everyone!

8 clever comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

How fun! Sounds like a crazy week for sure, but a great one! I'm so happy to see a few pictures of the dance show - I want more! And your girls look absolutely adorable in their costumes. I think Belle would have been comfy without the extra layers down here, and the penguin would have melted. We went to a trunk or treat with Noah's brother's kids and I fell asleep in the car (work kind of takes it out of me). I woke up dripping sweat! It is definitely a different experience down here for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! Your girls are as always so cute. We had a lot of fun at the Grandma Dixie Party with you guys. I can only imagine dance shows in the mix of our crazy week. We really do want to come to one of the girls dance shows so please email us for the Christmas one and we will have to make the trip to see them. Wish we could have trunker treated your house.
Take Care!

Aleena said...

I love Halloween. It is so fun with kids. I love the penquin costume. Too cute.

Billie Sue said...

Those girls would be cute no matter what costume they wore! They were beautiful in the dance show -- and I had a ring-side seat! I could have seen it several more times and clapped louder every time I saw it! Can't wait for Christmas!! I love Chandler's eyebrow in the hurtie-lip picture. Has she been taking lessons from Billie Jo?

Billie Jo said...

You forgot that you came to yur neighbors resuce once again on Friday making 25 flying creatures! I am glad you got your trunk or treat fix! I wished I could have seen the penguin in action. The girls were awesome on Wednesday and I wish you would take moe pictures of my kids! Hold on tight cause the hoildays are right around the corner!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robbin for the post of the party, it was fun. Well that Mary Anne has tagged me and I posted, but now I don't know how to see if it worked, will someone please give me instruction and a camera if I'm going to keep up with the elite. It is so fun to follow the blog though.
Thanks again.
Dixie

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh, but half the fun is being so busy you can't even take a breath, right? The girls were so cute at the dance program, and it looks like they were equally cute on Halloween. I didn't even know there was a trunk-or-treat until I read about it on your blog. Boy am I out of the loop.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so dang cute! I love checking your latest adventures - good job. Jalene