Nov 13, 2008

More Flash-

Well it's been a week since Flash came to live with us. I still am not sure what I've gotten myself into. Needless to say, the house training isn't going great. It's a good thing he's so stinkin' cute or otherwise he would have been out the door the morning after we got him. I can't complain too much because it was my big idea. The girls have been asking for a dog for a while and when I saw some on KSL.com that were in Kamas, I mentioned it to Greg and he didn't adamantly oppose so I decided to go for it. Why didn't I do it at the beginning of the summer? It's a little chilly to be standing outside waiting for him to do his business. And I do have to stand out there with him or he climbs the stairs to come back in and then can't get back down. We have to carry him out because #1 he can't go down the stairs yet and #2 he doesn't like the cold either and when you open the door he runs the other way. Greg says he feels just like Rosco P. Coltrain as he's packing him outside (he better not start calling me Boss Hog). I feel like I'm staring at his butt all the time to see if he's pooping or peeing or just sitting. Chandler LOVES him. She sits on the floor and puts her arm around his head like in a head lock and she says "he wuvs me", and she calls him baby boy. Hayden likes him but only if he isn't interfering with whatever she's doing at the moment. And Gracie will touch him with 2 fingers and then immediately wash her hands. It's been an experience so far. Not sure if I would do it again but when I was growing up, I had the same dog for like 18 years. Mutley was another member of our family. We even had family portraits with her one year and she was totally smiling along with the rest of us (I'd post a picture but although Mutley looked cute It was not one of my best). I want my kids to be able to experience a pet like that. They've always been pretty frightened of animals because they just haven't been around them that much and it's sort of bugged me. I hope they will grow to love Flash or at least tolerate him. I just wish we could flash-forward a couple of months and get past this 'crappy' stage. I've got to go now. I think I smell a turd. Here are some more pictures.

He loves the girls too. Hayden left for dance the other day and he sat and whined by the door.

He's taken over the bean bag and when he's not shut in the mud room that's where he is. He's pretty lazy which is good. He fits right in.

8 clever comments:

tortured mormon mom said...

my dog's name was mutley when i was growing up!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I am in love with that dog! He is seriously so cute, and I am dying over the picture with Hayden in the beanbag...that is SO cute. Indoor puppies are definitely hard, so good luck with the training!

Billie Sue said...

Cute dog, cute sentiments, but nothing quite as cute as those girls! I love the picture with Hayden in the beanbag with the dog! So cute!

The Gunnerson Family said...

You are totally confirming to me that I really don't ever want a dog, but I am afraid I will be overruled on that one. Oh well, at least my boys will love it, and it will make for DARLING pictures!

P.S. You in now way shape or form have any resemblance to Boss Hog. Maybe Daisy, but not Boss Hog.

Anonymous said...

Well Flash was not so hard to babysit, he only whined once. Of course is I had given him some of my pizza I raided, it might of been more than once!! He is a cute dog. I love that the girls like him so much.
Gramma

Mindi said...

I was sitting here thinking of my regret from getting a new puppy on Saturday, fun to read this- hilarious that we are going through the same pain! WHAT WAS I THINKING??? Like I needed more guilt.

Kim and Carrie Atkinson said...

Oh, he is sooo cute! I'll baby sit if you ever need one!!
I was going through pictures the other day.. Over the summer when your family came over for a BBQ.. Ill have to send them to you..
I laughed at the one with you & Kimmy.. I thought we traded spouses that day..?? And I still ended up with him!
Very cute picts..

Jamie said...

OOOOHHH little baby! i can't wait to play with him on sunday!how precious is the pic of him and haydo!he fits right in! oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYDO POTATO!!!!Love that girl!