Over the weekend, the girls and I went and stayed in Salem. We haven't been down in a while and now that we'll be doing swim lessons for the next 6 Saturdays, I figured we'd better get down there. Greg was vaccinating calves and helping his dad bring cows down off the hill on Saturday and Sunday anyway so it was a good time to go. We don't get down there as much as we use to. With 3 kids it's gotten harder to pick up and leave for a couple nights. Packing for 4 is a real pain and especially when I forget something major like someones underwear (usually mine) or even worse, a stuffed animal!!! When we are there though the girls have a ball. My parents and my older sister live next door to each other so we don't just visit grandma and grandpa we visit the whole fam-damily! This weekend however, all the boys were hunting so it was just the girls! We didn't do anything too exciting. We couldn't talk anyone into babysitting so the big girls could catch a movie but we did get to go bummin' for a while till the BYU game started then grandma deserted us. Then we went out to eat at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and Jamie and I made some cute headbands and flower clips for the girls hair. On Sunday we got to visit with my Grandma Maida, We try to see her every time we are down because she loves to see the girls. She's over 90 and is still so sharp. Sometimes it takes her a minute but she seems to remember all the kids names. My parents live just around the corner from her so it's always fun to walk down to Grandma Maida's. After that we went and "stole" some peaches. My uncle planted peach trees years ago so in the summer we go "steal" them. We don't really steal them because we have permission but it's sort of become a tradition to steal peaches from Uncle Shirl. Unfortunately my uncle died a while ago so although I have many memories of my uncle, "stealing peaches" is one I share with my kids. Sometimes we'll be in the grocery store and see the peaches and one of the girls will say something about getting ours from Uncle Shirl. I wish I was more ambitious and would bottle some but I'm just not there yet. 




So when we left Salem we headed home to Francis where the big round-up was over and Grandma Dixie and Andrea had prepared yet another feast for the cowboys. Whenever they move the cows or haul hay or do anything that requires extra helpers, Dixie wont let them leave with an empty stomach. She goes all out with dinner and dessert and she invites their spouses too. I'm not sure how she does it because she's never sure how many mouths will come or even what time to expect them ( you know how cowboys are) As always it was awesome. Thanks Gramma Dix it was Yum-O. It's plain to see why they're always able to get so many helpers. I think the cowboys outnumbered the cows this time! Anyhoo- It was a busy but fun weekend and now that my two days of babysitting are over I can catch my breath and get some stuff done around my house..... maybe later.
6 clever comments:
Sounds like the perfect weekend--husband working and you visiting and doing whatever you would like! Don't Grandma Dix and Eric look like a wonderful couple!!! Thanks for keeping us updated on what's going on. Those girls of your are beautiful!
What a fun busy weekend! I love visiting family, and I love eating, so your weekend sounds just about perfect to me! I'm glad you could get away...those girls look so cute stealing peaches.
AAH the life of a farmer's wife. I sure do miss the chicken however:) I am all for stealing more peaches, ours are alrady gone. Peaches and cream for breakfast lunch and dinner! Can't wait to get together and make more hair supplies! Can you set aside some time for little ol' me!?!?
Go Dixie! Do you think we will ever keep up with her? I'm pretty sure she has us beat. A girls weekend sounds SO FUN! Maybe that's what I need to plan. Watch out, we might be coming to your house! Millie talks about your girls all the time so I think we need to plan get togethers more often. We'll give you a call and plan something!
hey bob, hopefully together we can get jamie to do more with hers. your girls are getting so big everyone at my work loves your kids and of couse your blog its so cute. i put you on my site too. cya misty
It sounds like you had such a great weekend. The only thing better would be a girl's weekend WITHOUT the kids. I think we should all be in the planning on that one. Summer fruit and vegetables are the best. Peaches are soooo good.
Post a Comment