I hate posts without pictures but when you don't do anything fun or exciting you don't take pictures . We are so boring these days. Not a whole lot going on around here but we did have a great trip to St. George last weekend. Greg had to go to a Rural Water conference for the town and luckily spouses get to go. So while he was in meetings for 3 days I got to just chill out. Billie Jo and I shopped and scrapbooked and then in the evenings we had dinners with the hubby's. The weather was awesome! It got up to 70 and we even laid in the sun by the pool (Sorry. No photos). Poor Greg wasn't feeling the greatest and bounced back and forth from the classes he had and the motel but I think he still had a good time. He needed a break from work although it's really not a break when his phone never stops ringing. We spent the last night in Mesquite where the temperature was 80 when we got there! I definitely did not want to return to the 3 plus feet of snow still in our yard after seeing all the spring flowers popping up down south. On Saturday we headed back to Salem to get the kids at my parents and I sat in the back seat and did some more scrapbooking the whole way home. It was a good little break. Now we get to go back in a couple weeks to see my nephew Cooper play baseball then in another month or so we're headed to the happiest place on earth. Let me just say It will be interesting to see how the car ride to California goes with 3 kids.
Other than that we're just plain boring. The kids are awesome. Hayden had a weird stiff neck the past couple days but seems much better. The doctor said it was Torticollis. I have never really heard of this except in infants but Gracie had it about a year ago and now Hayden got it. It's just a strange name for a really painful stiff neck and I have no idea what caused it. Although if you've seen the scratches on Haydens face you might think her baby sister could have something to do with it. That Chandler can be a little meanie! Then a minute later she's kissing you or giving you a big squeeze. She is talking up a storm all of a sudden. You can't understand most of it but she knows what she's saying and usually never shuts up. She loves to talk on the phone. Gracie is doing great. She loves to read thank goodness. She has to read 20 minutes a day and never fights us when we tell her its time to read. She is so proud of herself when she finishes a book and loves to tell us what it was about. She is swimming once a week for PE in school and really enjoys that too. So that's it . Boring.
11 years ago
5 clever comments:
Boring... Oh how I long for that day again. With all that has been happening I am ready to be bored. I am envious of the trip to St. George and even more envious of the California trip. I look forward to seeing you guys! Tell my brother hi.
Take Care!
Addison
Since we have been back I feel like we are miles away. We had WAY to much fun with all of our free time. I am more than ready to go back to St. George. Let's get in the car and GO! Ok let's just be the mother of the year and take those kids places. Love yah, oh BTW we need another movie night. I need to release my tear ducts!
Sounds like you guys had a dream week! I actually think Billie Jo's kids enjoyed themselves, as well! Have fun in California!
Not at all boring.
Swimming?? We need to switch schools-
Post a Comment