Valentines Day. The older I get, well basically the longer I'm married I realize what a lame holiday it is. If I were married to a more romantic guy maybe I wouldn't feel this way but I do have to say he has actually tried to put some effort into it. When he was teaching he always brought the girls home a valentine. At school they were always doing fundraisers and selling balloons or flowers and so it was pretty convenient for him. Since he quit teaching though he has actually had to go out of his way to get them something. Thank goodness there is a flower shop in Kamas that has a little of everything. As I've gone back through my pictures for the last few years i haven't taken one picture during the entire month of February! So I don't even have anything to document the fact that he has actually put some effort into Valentines. This year I made a point of actually taking a few pictures during February and especially of the girls and their Valentines! Thanks to the Fudge Fairy we even got chocolate covered strawberries!
Also last month Gracie's class put on a program for president's day. Greg and I both went and it was fun to see her with her class reciting her part for the program. She practiced a lot even though it was only one line about George Washington but she learned a lot about him and was eager to share little tid-bits about him everyday when she came home from school. They made 3 cornered hats and ruffles for their shirts. It's kind of hard to see the hat in this picture but notice the goofball that snuck into the picture in the background.
5 clever comments:
Cute!!! Thanks for the help with my picture on the blog. Those girls are so darn cute, I love them, not one kid I know puts clothes on their barbies, maybe it's the fasinating chi chi's or something, I dunno!!
Gramma Dixie
Oddly enough, for as sensitive as Earl is, he has never been too demonstrative on Valentines Day either. It is convenient at school for him to run buy a balloon or a rose -- whatever the fundraiser is, BUT this year he absolutely outdid himself! He came in and threw an envelope on my desk with tickets to Celine Dione! It was DEFINITELY a fabulous Valentine's gift! Those girls are beautiful. I actually love the picture with the proud Dad sticking his face in the picture! Hope you guys are having fun in sunny St. George, because we woke up to 4-5 inches of new snow this morning!
Such cute girls. The naked barbie pictures are too funny.
It is about time! However boring you feel that your life is we still tune in to hear all about it. I really enjoyed the pictures of the girls they are so cute and funny. I do wish we got together more often. I didn't even know that you guys were in St. George. We past through there on Saturday and Kristie would have gone to any baseball game or practically anything to avoid coming home from vacation.
Take care!
Addison
Well I wasn't in St. George which is one reason I'm mad my husband gave up the town council! No Vacation for mommy and daddy!
Post a Comment