11 years ago
May 29, 2008
Stupid Pig!
So this is not a good way to start the summer. A few weeks ago Greg was helping someone do something with some cows when they mentioned they were buying some pigs to raise then slaughter. Greg mentioned that he thought that was a good idea and he should do something like that. Next thing he knows, somebody called him to say his pig was here. Okay fine so we have a pig. We have to split the price of feed, help take care of them sometimes and then have all the bacon and ham we want. Not that bad of a deal as long as it's nowhere near my house. Until Tuesday when they called to say one of them was sick and they needed to be vaccinated. So Greg goes to help out and reaches down to grab a pig as it's running past him and his left arm just popped. He ruptured his bicep tendon and has to have surgery to repair it. You ought to see the looks on the faces of the people in the doctors offices when they are filling out paperwork and have to put down what his injury is. There's really no good medical way of wording that. Chasing Pig. Anyway he will have surgery on this coming Wednesday and will have to be in a fixed brace for 6 weeks. He's not happy at all about the whole situation since he didn't really want the pig to begin with but then to hear he'll be without one arm for 6 weeks really upset him. The one really good thing to come out of this situation is that it just may have ended his days of wild cow milking in the local rodeos. That's just an accident waiting to happen anyway. One downside is what is to become of all my summer projects? And it is all about me isn't it???? STUPID PIG!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 clever comments:
Greg,
I am so sorry to hear that that pig got he best of you. I did have the hardest time explaining to Kristie reasons why you may have been wrestleing a pig. I do like Robbin's explanation best. I am sorry to hear that you will have to have surgery and be in a cast for so long. If there is anything that I can help you guys out let me know. The damnedest things happen to our family. I seem to always have the most bazare accedents and sicknesses. Just remember who will get the last laugh with that pig when you are having a big ol' bacon breakfast. Take Care Addison
I like the dancing with the stars version better. I would just call him Chrisitan de la Fuente but you said you didn't even watch that show and it wouldn't be as funny. Although he was a way HOT latino. I think that life on a farm is just what you ordered. Cows, chickens, and now te big. Where are the goats?
Oh have no fear! He's been working on getting a goat or two to mow the weeds behind our house. You'll think it's really funny when it's parked in your flower garden eating your raspberry starts!
I'm so sorry for Greg (and thus you too), but I just laughed reading your explanation of it all.
It was saturday night. Thanks for the cute comments! Sorry, I was going to call but I thought that you were in Spanish for Jordins farewell. I think she had fun, but seriously....the whole time thing just sucks!
Post a Comment