May 21, 2008

The Graduate

Well sort of. It was Hayden's graduation from preschool last night except she really isn't graduating. She misses the cut-off for kindergarten by about 2 months so she will go back to Miss Shari's preschool next year. It was a lovely ceremony though. Miss Shari announced all the graduates and who their parents are then they sang songs that they had learned this year and recited nursery rhymes. Then each student got up and answered questions like what their favorite color, shape, and book are and their favorite thing about preschool this year. Hayden's was snack. I think she liked going this year. She went twice a week and each day I would pick her up and ask her what she learned. Her answer was always "I don't know" and then some days while she was playing around the house she would surprise me with a song or rhyme I didn't know she knew or once it was the entire pledge of allegiance. I'm impressed with how much she seems to know about the alphabet and her letters after only 1 year of preschool. she recognizes most of them and even tries sounding out words sometimes. I guess she did do more than just snack all year at school.

This is Hayden and Miss Shari. We like her a lot. She was Gracie's teacher in preschool as well. Gracie finishes up 1st grade next week and then she's done for the summer. She's pretty excited to be done although I have a feeling she will get bored pretty fast. She likes school and especially reading. Softball starts next week so that will fill a little of out time anyway.

We don't have any big memorial day plans for the weekend. We usually never do except for the annual cemetery tour with the Averett's. We spent last weekend branding cows so hopefully they're taken care of for a while. We've been getting the yard in shape and were hoping to plant some trees tonight actually but I just looked out the window and it's snowing sideways. (grumble grumble) So I guess that's what we'll do this weekend. Exciting as always.

4 clever comments:

Kristie said...

Congratulations to Hayden! Millie graduates next week and I am excited to not have to pay for preschool for a few months. Good luck with your yard work and snow removal. See you soon!

Addison

Aleena said...

What Fun!! McKelty has her 'graduation ' next week.

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB Hayden! Dang I wish I could go back to preschool! I also wanted to start getting in the yard. Then here came the snow. I like the snow but I dont want it to keep coming! Good luck with yours!

tortured mormon mom said...

She is so cute. I was so excited this year when Maggie went to first grade, it was the first time in 23 years that I had no child care costs!