Jan 6, 2008

It's the country life for me!

Greg and I made a quick overnight trip to Logan this weekend for some training meetings for his town council position and can I just say "HOLY COW!" I cannot believe how much that place has changed! We lived there for quite a while and I loved it the whole time but my goodness it has grown. We were actually there about a year and a half ago and even since then the change is remarkable. I hate to say it but I have really settled into the laid-back country way of live a lot more that I thought I had. It was such a quick trip but while Greg was in his meetings I drove around to check stuff out and I kept catching myself going 20 mile per hour so I could take in all the new changes. I have always said that I would move back there in a second if I had the chance (even though I know Greg never would) but now I'm not so sure if I would. I have a lot of great memories from there and I love to visit every now and again but I don't see me living in the "big city" any time soon. I'll take "dog-patch", as my dad calls it, any day.

2 clever comments:

Billie Sue said...

Interesting that your Dad would call it "Dog Patch," as I think that's what I remember it being called when I was a little girl. I always thought it must be quite enchanted, as Dog Patch was where Daisy Mae came from! When I was really little, the road didn't just go down and up the dip, it went around to the right and back in to the road on the other side of the holler. Whatever the history -- I'm glad you've adjusted and are happy. I could never NOT live here. It is my LOVE!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how much growth can seemingly appear when your not watching it on an every day basis...