
We hit another milestone last night. Gracie lost her first tooth. Or I guess I should say Gracie's dad pulled out her first tooth and she wasn't a very willing participant. She has had a loose tooth for quite a while now but refused to wiggle it or try to make it looser. So yesterday when I saw her permanent tooth poking up behind her baby tooth we decided it had to come out before her new one comes in too crooked. Neither Greg or I had braces when we were younger so we are praying that our kids won't either. So we talked her into letting Greg try to pull it out. So he tied some floss around it and yanked it right out. It went flying and it took a while before we actually found it. But you would have thought we chopped her arm off. She immediately started shrieking and then when she saw blood the volume and intensity actually doubled! I wanted to get a picture right away but she said no because she looked "hideous!" We shouldn't have read that Junie B. Jones till after her first tooth fell out. We did get a picture (obviously) and made a couple phone calls so she could cry to someone other than us. This all happened right before bedtime so it was a while before we could get everyone settled enough to go to bed. She was still pretty upset when she finally went asleep but she put it under her pillow even though she was afraid of the tooth fairy and when she woke up this morning and saw there was 2 dollars right next to her tooth she was very happy. She even took her tooth in a baggie to show her friends at school. I even caught her smiling in the mirror to see her big gap. I'm not sure what our lives would be like without the added drama that 3 little girls bring to our house but I'm glad we don't have to find out.
5 clever comments:
Oh my gosh, I cant believe Gracie lost a tooth. Way to go Gracie...or should I say Greg!Gabbie still does not even have one that is loose! I hope she gets over her fear of the tooth fairy and I will not be reading that book to Gabbie! Congrats on the milestone!
Gracie;
I knew I heard you crying that squealing sound wafting up through the fields. I should have come to your rescue. You look cute with a hole in your teeth.
Gramma Dixie
Gricie,
You are getting so big, losing those teeth. You are still so cute even without that baby tooth. Millie says hi!
Uncle Addy
Well I heard the screaming loud and clear!!! I can second the drama of having three girls. However after teaching boys hip-hop I will take girls any day!! And as far as the previous post goes you better say that you enjoy the country life! I would be lost without you in "dog patch"! And I love the picture of you and Greg on the Blog, wish I had one!
Okay we are ready for an update it has been almost a month! Robbin I look at your blog every day waiting for something new.
Addison
Post a Comment