Dec 27, 2007

It's over ?!?!?!

Well after all that work and preparation it's over. Christmas day was so nice but it sure seemed to go fast! I can't believe it's over already! I woke up to little footsteps in the hallway at around 7 so I just stayed put for a minute to see what would happen. I heard a lot of running around and whispering, then silence so we decided we had better get up and get moving. So after the coffee was on and the video camera was all set up I went in to tell the girls it was time to get up. They had already been out to see weather Santa had come yet because they werent sure if it was Christmas Day yet or not. I told them it was time to open presents and they took off! Chandler was still a little groggy but it didn't take her long to catch on and she joined right in. After we finished up and had breakfast we hurried to Salem for a few hours for a nice lunch and more presents with my family and then hurried back to Kamas for a nice dinner and even more presents with all the Averetts. What a great time of year. I love the chance to be with all of our family on the same day even though it seems like a whirlwind sometimes. I am a little bummed though. Now I won't have any excuses to have to go shopping. I bet I'll come up with something!

4 clever comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I feel the exact same way...it's over? Oh well--on to next Christmas! Glad your Christmas was so wonderful--I can't wait till Jack is big enough for it to be exciting for him(and for us). I'm glad Greg didn't have any meltdowns while in Salt Lake!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the kids with Santa. it looks as if we had a similar experience with Simon. It was good to see you guys on Christmas. I wish it wasn't always so rushed. Life in retail doesn't leave you with a lot of time to hang around during the Holidays. I hope you guys have a fun and safe new year.

Addison

Billie Jo said...

I have missed our daily chats with all the holiday happenings!! Now we can get it back together and just relax. I loved watching the girls open presents and I am sure you experienced the same feelings! I just hope that it stays "magical" for a few more years!!! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Christmas was really good this year. New years was fun...it would be nice if we could have one that Jason and I acutally spend together! He satayed home with his kids and Gabby and I went to my sister in laws. Oh well....there is always next year! I am glad that you all had a good christmas and new year. Talk to you soon...
Neina and gabs!