Jan 13, 2009

Sunday Drivin'

Since I hadn't been out of the house in a couple of days, I made Greg take us for a drive. We were sort of looking for some elk that spent last winter just behind our house. We heard they were back and we hoped to see them. We didn't find them but we found an even bigger herd not too far up the road. We also found a Moose and her calf. I love that we can find so much wildlife in our area and we don't really have to look that far.

I also thought I'd throw in a picture I took from my back porch the other night. I wanted to get the mountains in it but there's a "prefab home" that sort of ruins the shot. Isn't it purty!

I also threw this in just cause it's funny. He was dead asleep and snoring like a chainsaw. Rough life huh?

7 clever comments:

Billie Jo said...

Where did you see the herd. We saw the three on Christmas Day but that has been it. I too saw that sunset but I didn't think to grab my camera. Yes these are just some of the perks living on Country Lane. Love IT!

Jamie said...

HA HA HA I love that little flash fella'! just like his owners!

Billie Sue said...

There is just a "peace" about living around here that you don't find everywhere. I love it and I used to brag it to everyone -- now I try to keep it a secret! Great new post!

Anonymous said...

Eric has been watching the Elk too, there are alot this year. I thought when I read the caption snoring like a chainsaw, I would see Greg for sure, oh well, dog is cute too.
Dixie

Kristie said...

You are making me home sick! The most beautiful sunsets are found in that little valley. We need to make the trek up there to see you guys and go on a nature drive. Tell everyone hi from the So Jo Averett's.

Anonymous said...

I love the wild life. Its part of why I really don't mind driving over Parley's several times per week. Last year there were 4 moose, so far this year I have seen 3. They are beautiful animals. I just love winter!

Mindi said...

Glad to see you still have your dog-although I have been tempted to take ours to the "farm" we still have ours too. Way jealous of your wildlife so close- my boys love seeing that kind of stuff.