Dec 16, 2008

He's comin' to town!

The girls got to see Santa at the primary party. Yes! Now we don't have to make the trek to the long lines at the Mall. When Santa came in and the kids started lining up to sit on his lap all three girls got in line but it didn't take long for Chandler to bail out. "I don't like Santa" is what she told me and we couldn't talk her into going even with her sisters there. She was very content to sit and eat cookies while everyone else sat on his lap. We watched the Polar Express the other day and she kep saying "Santa is grumpy". (It is a pretty wierd looking santa) She's said it a few times since so I knew there was no way she was going to actually sit on his lap. So I guess there won't be a picture of a terrified screaming Averett girl sitting on Santas lap this year. Here are the big girls though.

4 clever comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

What cuties! I have to agree with the polar express comment...in fact, I feel stressed out the entire time that movie is playing. I don't know why, but the whole movie makes me feel stressed.

I love those girls, and I hope I get to see all of them next week while I'm there!

Billie Sue said...

Oh those Averett girls are the cutest! I saw them at the party and I also got to see them come and beg their Dad to set on Santa's knee, as well! Beautiful girls! I saw them again tonight--with their Dad bringing them to dress rehearsal. It was so cute to see so many Dads involved and handling all the little issues that go with getting little girls to a dance rehearsal.
I LOVE Polar Express -- simply for the "Believe" theme it carries. I do think, however, I was an adult before I came to that appreciation!

Billie Jo said...

Well even if she didn't sit on his lap she is ready for the Christmas celebration with all the snow that we got and at least she got a goody bag! I have plenty of screaming pictures myself. Gracie looks so old in that picture. I can't believe all the girl drama we have to deal with. Thanks for being home on Tuesdays!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Yes, I think that primary parties are the best place to see Santa. Although, the line was a little long. Santa was taking his sweet time with each kid, but I guess that is a good thing. Since there weren't too many kids it was alright. The girls are so cute, and someday you will get a picture of Chandler with Santa. Just don't let her watch Polar Express too much.