Jun 23, 2008

Summer time!



What could be more fun than running through the sprinkler on a hot summer day? We've already spent a couple days playing out in the water. The girls love it but the water is pretty cold so they get wet then lay in the sun for a minute, then get wet then lay in the sun for a minute. I haven't dare drag out the inflatable pool yet because it's a little big for Chandler so she and Hayden improvised over the weekend with our little sand box. They filled it with water and had a blast. Gracie got to go spend the weekend in Salem at my parent's house by herself which was a huge treat for her. Hayden says " she's having a vacation from me" and in a couple of weeks it will be her turn


Greg and I spent most of the weekend working outside on the yard. I'm not sure if we'll ever be finished. We worked on a rock wall in the front and started a fire pit in the back. One of the perks of working for a construction company is getting to borrow the big equipment once in a while. With Greg having only one arm still and the amount of rocks we had to move we would be there till the cows come home without the big machines. We'll see what other projects I can come up with for next weekend.

3 clever comments:

Kristie said...

The sandbox mini pool is so funny Si and Millie do the same exact thing. I'm just glad that you guys still don't have snow in your yard. I am also excited that mid-July when the city is way too hot we are coming home to visit the cool country. Maybe one night we should have a hotdog roast on that fire pit of yours.

Take Care!
Addison

Mindi said...

I like the sandbox idea, I might go get one today- for some reason blow up swimming pools are so temporary at our house.

Billie Jo said...

It is great to have the sun finally and the warm weather. My girls love to spend time with your girls not matter what they are doing. I am sure glad that they will always have memories of their childhood with your kids!