Aug 3, 2009

Our Sunday Picnic

We took the girls up Smith and Moorehouse yesterday for a picnic in "the woods" as they like to call it. I don't know why we don't do this more often because they had a blast! We ate lunch at the campground and then they had more fun walking across the logs that went across the creek or stepping on rocks to cross until finally they gave up and just walked right in the water. Even Flash loved it. I wish we could have taken him off his leash because he would have gone crazy with all the squirrels and chipmunks we saw. We could barely get him to walk he was so busy trying to sniff every blade of grass. After we ate we went to the reservoir because the girls wanted to skip rocks and the next thing I knew they were all waist deep in the water. I wasn't exactly prepared for the water and didn't have towels or anything so needless to say the ride home was a little smelly and chilly with 3 wet kids and a wet dog. I'm so glad we went because we really haven't been anywhere fun this summer and it's going to be over before we know it.

5 clever comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

So fun! I love the country life...I bet your girls had an absolute blast out there.

Man I'm jealous.

Giselle Rasheta said...

And PS I didn't know you were having another girl. Congrats! When you make 'em that perfect, why stop, right?

Billie Jo said...

That looks amazing. The girls were so excited when they came back and told me all about it. I love the piture of them all walking down the road. You need to get that blow up to life size. I am so glad Flash got to go on the adventure.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little family you have and what a fun day. I'm glad you got to get away for a minute too.
Gramma Dixie

Billie Sue said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful little girls -- and one pretty handsome Dad, too. I love that picture and agree it should be blown up and framed. The country is a pretty wonderful place and I, for one, am glad I live here!